- From September 11th to September 15th, 2023, we had the pleasure of hosting Prof. Lother Berger from Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences. Throughout his visit, we engaged in extensive discussions regarding the utilization of modeling and optimization techniques to enhance energy efficiency within the semiconductor industry.
- On August 25th, 2023, Sandra Obiri successfully defended her M.Sc. thesis on State Estimation and Control of mAb Production Processes. She will join Halliburton as a Completions Engineer. Congratulations to her on this accomplishment.
- On July 28th, 2023, Dr. Liu, Bernard Agyeman, Song Bo, and Sarupa Debnath visited Lethbridge College and their research farm, where the wheat, irrigated based on our irrigation management zone delineation and optimal scheduler, thrived exceptionally well.
- On July 25th, 2023, we had the pleasure of hosting Dr. Sangita Swapnasrita from Maastricht University, who delivered a seminar on Sorbent-Assisted Continuous Flow Peritoneal Dialysis in silico.
- From July 9th to July 15th, 2023, Dr. Liu and Sarupa Debnath attended IFAC WC in Yokohama, Japan, enjoying the opportunity to reconnect with friends at the conference and explore the cities of Yokohama and Tokyo during their visit.
- On June 27, 2023, Dr. Liu, Bernard Agyeman, Song Bo and Sarupa Debnath visited Keoma, Alberta, learning from local farmers about their use of technology in irrigation management.
- Data-driven moving horizon state estimation of nonlinear processes using Koopman operator, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, accepted.
- Optimizing the switching operation in monoclonal antibody production: Economic MPC and reinforcement learning, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 2023.
- Control invariant set enhanced safe reinforcement learning: improved sampling efficiency, guaranteed stability and robustness, Computers and Chemical Engineering, 2023.
- Sensor selection and state estimation of continuous mAb production processes, Mathematics, 2023.
- State estimation for one-dimensional agro-hydrological processes with model mismatch, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, accepted.
Please refer to Publications for more details.